Return to News Categories

ALL NEWS SECTIONS:
MOST POPULAR SECTIONS:
Commentary and Educational Cattle - Hogs / Livestock News Currencies News Energy News Grain News Index News Interest Futures News Metals Futures News Reports: Crops, CFTC, etc Soft Commodities News

Futures and Commodity Market News

Interest rate rises 'almost certain'

Jan 03, 2018 (The Australian - ABIX via COMTEX) --

Financial markets have priced in a 60 per cent chance that the Reserve Bank of Australia will increase the cash rate by August 2018, up from 40 per cent in early December 2017. Economists such as Adam Boyton of Deutsche Bank and Elliot Clark of Westpac are not convinced that rates will rise, although Andrew Boak of Goldman Sachs has forecast that interest rates will rise twice in both 2018 and 2019. The cash rate has been on hold at 1.5 per cent since August 2016..

Publication Date: 4 January 2018

RESERVE BANK OF AUSTRALIA
DEUTSCHE BANK AG
WESTPAC BANKING CORPORATION - ASX WBC
GOLDMAN SACHS AUSTRALIA PTY LTD
UNITED STATES.  EXECUTIVE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT

By Adam Creighton

Copyright 2018 Roy Morgan Research. All Rights Reserved. ********************************************************************** As of Saturday, 12-30-2017 23:59, the latest Comtex SmarTrend® Alert, an automated pattern recognition system, indicated a

Please read the End User Agreement.
By accessing this page, you agree to the terms and conditions of the End User Agreement.

News provided by COMTEX.

Lt Crude 64.12
Nat Gas 3.249
Corn 353
Cotton #2 82.14
Gold 1328.6
Copper 3.1960
Euro 1.22265
USD Index 90.313
SP500 E-mini 2804.00
DJIA E-mini 26105
close_icon
open_icon