See offer
Return to News Categories

ALL NEWS SECTIONS:
MOST POPULAR SECTIONS:
Cattle - Hogs / Livestock News Currencies News Energy News Grain News Index News Interest Futures News Metals Futures News Reports: Crops, CFTC, etc Soft Commodities News

Futures and Commodity Market News

BRAZIL: Center-south sugarcane crush is 2.98% up from last year

Mar 25, 2020 (Grupo CMA via COMTEX) --

São Paulo, 25 - Brazil's center-south sugarcane crush for the 2019/2020 crop was 2.98% up from April until March 16 compared to the same period a year before, totaling 582.922 million tons, said the Union of Sugarcane Industry (Unica). Total ethanol production reached 32.799 billion liters, up 7.29% from a year before, with 9.867 billion liters of anhydrous ethanol (+8.40%) and 22.932 billion liters of hydrous ethanol (+6.82%). Meanwhile, sugar production totaled 26.532 million tons, increasing by 0.61% over a year before. Regarding the production mix, 65.62% of the raw material obtained was used for ethanol production, while the remaining 34.38% went to sugar production. Total Recoverable Sugar (TRS) reached 138.94 kilograms per ton of sugarcane, 0.42% higher than in the same period of the 2018/2019 cycle. Leandro Tavares / Agência CMA Translation by Ricardo Gozzi

Please read the End User Agreement.
By accessing this page, you agree to the terms and conditions of the End User Agreement.

News provided by COMTEX.


Extreme Futures: Movers & Shakers

Hottest

Actives

Gainers

Today's Hottest Futures
Market Last Vol % Chg
Loading...

close_icon
open_icon